Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Kids Today

I know I'm going to sound like a grumpy old fart here, but I really don't get kids sometimes.

How is a fart funny? Did I ever laugh when someone let one rip? I don't remember finding it funny, but I guess I must have. The kids actually wanted me to kick someone out for being gassy yesterday. I figured that as a I can't punish them for breathing, I can't really eject them for popping a few smelly ones.

Things I also don't see the entertainment value in:
1. Breaking pencils
2. Throwing pencils
3. Throwing paper
4. Throwing bags
5. Making humming noises that annoy the other students more than the teacher
6. Calling everyone and everything in sight "so gay"
7. Creating your own tag - hours of fun for all budding criminals
8. Staring into space instead of doing the "boring" work
9. Not being able to read because you spend every lesson staring into space
10. Banging on walls

Call me a doddering old fool, but I just don't get it. Now I'm off to place my order for a hotted up, neon green Zimmer frame. If I'm going to get all old and cranky, I'm damn well going to do it in style!

0 comments: