Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The (Not Quite) Twelve Days of Christmas

I thought I'd post my twelve favourite things about Christmas in honour of the 12 Days of Christmas. However, I got a little sidetracked so this is somewhat late.

1. Christmas shopping. I know that sounds mildly insane, but I actually enjoy it. I love buying people gifts, of course the shopping centres are pure madness. I just sit down and have a coffee if it all gets too much.
2. The excuse to eat all the seafood my body can handle. One moment, just have to wipe the drool off the keyboard there.
3. Christmas is the one day of the year where I can spend hours eating and watching TV without that pesky feeling that I really should be doing something more productive.
4. Bad Christmas specials. Pay TV really cranks it up a notch. Gray and I have been watching an increasingly crappy series of Christmas Documentaries on the Travel Channel this week. Fantastic.
5. Putting the decorations UP.
6. Rolling around on the lounge after lunch clutching my stomach and groaning.
7. Hard sauce. Sure it's about 98% fat, but it is delicious.
8. The glut of junk mail we get at this time of year. I do love a good catalogue.
9. Seeing all my family which is fantastic and I can't wait to get to Sydney on Sunday.
10. Christmas Cracker Hats
11. Christmas Cracker Jokes
12. Stupid headwear- Santa hats, reindeer antlers and the rather fetching sparkly red cowboy hat with fluffy white trim I saw at the discount shop yesterday.

I'm now officially full of festive cheer.

0 comments: