Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I really should pay more attention

So it turned out that yesterday was a pupil free day. Didn't pick up on that one until I walked into the staffroom and talked about my classes. Apparently the lack of students on the grounds wasn't a good clue for me. Nor for that matter was the principal telling us about it in the staff meeting last term. In my defense, staff meetings are a special kind of torture. Maybe if they gave out chocolates. And wine. Yes chocolates and wine. I may or may not pay more attention but at least I would always be on time.

I also failed to notice that the NT government called an election. Not that I know a thing about either party anyway. A few weeks ago I did a phone poll about the possibility of a Territory election. I believe my responses went a little something like this:

Poll-y Person: Who did you vote for in the last Territory election?

Me: Wasn't here.


Poll-y Person: What issues are important to you in a future election.


Me: None. Don't care.


Poll-y Person: Who would you vote for if an election was called in the next two months?


Me: Dunno.


They must have been thrilled at my responses. I think I was incredibly valuable to their research. I am truly a poller's dream.

0 comments: